If you are facing a deployment–whether it is your 1st or your 10th– I have a Deployment Masterclass for you!
Are you stressed about preparing for deployment when you don’t know what to expect? Worried about being a solo parent on your own? Sometimes it’s the little things that weigh on your mind– how will our budget change? What will I cook? What should I send in a care package? Other spouses struggle with deeper issues, like constantly worrying about their service member’s safety, or wondering what kind of behavior is ‘normal’ during deployment. Deployments are stressful and exhausting, no matter how many you have been through before. Things break. Kids get sick. Family doesn’t help you, and many military spouses and significant others are left feeling alone and unprepared. At some point, most people hit a Deployment Wall where they feel like they just can’t handle another week of deployment… even though they might have several months left to go.
I have been with my husband for all seven of his overseas deployments–each lasting at least six months–so I know first-hand the stress and exhaustion that deployments cause. Each one had different challenges, but I found myself going through similar emotional cycles time and again. I wished that someone had told me at the beginning what to expect and some tips to cope with deployment challenges. That’s why I created the Deployment Masterclass, so that no military spouse or significant other will feel like they are going through deployment alone! Everyone should have access to a community and tools that will help you not only survive deployment, but thrive.
Join us for encouragement, support, resources, and useful tips for all military branches. The class includes a printable guidebook (worth $15), plus access to the private FB support group, and exclusive video tranings from a variety of well-known and experienced military spouses. Once you enroll in the Masterclass, these trainings are available to you anytime, so you can watch them again and again, before or during the deployment.
Check out our great lineup below:
When you’re feeling stressed about deployment
Corie Weathers, “Military Spouse of the Year 2015” and author of the book “Sacred Spaces.”
- Her training discusses preparing for deployment, and why the pre-deployment stage is the most difficult for many couples.
- She shares why it’s normal for the service member to act detached before deployment, and how you can work through that.
Judy Davis, the “Direction Diva,” milspouse keynote speaker for the national MilspouseFest events, and author of the book “Right Side Up.”
- This training is full of humor and deployment tips from Judy’s many experiences with deployment.
- She discusses Deployment Expectations, and why they don’t usually match up with deployment reality.
- Together we discuss coping strategies that go beyond “just stay busy.”
Bonnie Carroll, President and Founder of TAPS (Tragedy Assistance Program for Survivors)
- As a Gold Star spouse, Bonnie knows the pain of losing a service member. Her training addresses the question that is in the back of everyone’s mind during deployment: “What if my service member gets hurt… or worse?”
- This training is encouraging and uplifting, and focuses on the reasons NOT to worry about the service member’s safety, and how to feel more confident about their deployment situation.
When you don’t know how to be a solo parent during deployment
Lauren Tamm, “The Military Wife and Mom,” a popular military spouse blogger and co-author of the book, “Modern Military Spouse.”
- As a military wife and mom of two kids, Lauren knows the challenges of getting through deployment with babies and toddlers and the frustration of them missing their deployed parent.
- Together, we discuss free resources for military kids and families that will help during deployment.
- Lauren shares her “magic tricks” for surviving as a solo parent and dealing with child tantrums or emotional swings during deployment.
When you aren’t sure how to survive deployment
Christine Maxwell of Her Money Moves
- This financial training shows you how to set up a deployment budget, and what to do before deployment to make bill payments go more smoothly.
- She shares great money-saving tricks to help with deployment budgets.
Betsy Ramirez of Dinner Deployed
- You don’t have to settle for pizza or cereal for dinner during deployment! If you are worried about cooking for one, or coming up with simple meals your kids will actually eat, then this training has you covered.
- Betsy includes three meal prep videos, recipes, and a bonus shopping list, so you can whip up delicious meals even when you’re out of time and energy.
When you have questions about deployment
Amanda Huffman of Airman to Mom
- She shares her unique perspective about having deployed as an Air Force Officer, and now staying home raising kids as an Air Force spouse.
- Her training gives you an inside look at the deployment environment, plus tips about communication and care packages that will really make a difference during the deployment.
Rachel McQuiston at Countdowns and Cupcakes
- Get care package tips and fun decorating ideas from the queen of custom care packages
- This training includes an exclusive care package discount for my class members.
…plus several other military spouse guests, who will share their deployment experiences and tips! New videos will be uploaded regularly, and are included in your purchase.
Your all-access pass will include exclusive FB Live sessions to get answers for your deployment questions. Our private Facebook group is 900 spouses strong, from all branches and parts of the country, all going through deployment together! The Masterclass includes the ongoing support and encouragement from this group, so you can get immediate answers to deployment questions and have a place to connect when you’re having a bad deployment day.
Here’s what people are saying about the Deployment Masterclass:
“This group is my daily dose of ‘You’ve got this!’ It is so inspiring and encouraging.”
“I LOVE the bucket list printout. And the countdown ideas for when we have kiddos.”
“My favorite printout was the care packages and getting tips on how to make them fun!”
“Not a rookie here, but I still learned a lot of great helps during this past week. I appreciate all the printouts, the suggestions for bettering communication with my husband, and care package ideas.”
“I’m really excited to send care packages! Those resources were so helpful for me. It will be fun and exciting to put them together. “
“Thank you for the information as it has been a huge help!”
“I think I will periodically come back and rewatch the videos as I work my way through this deployment. So encouraging to see others that thrived even through a deployment.”
“I am putting my binder together and plan to have it handy even when we aren’t going through a deployment. It will be so helpful even for those times when my husband is away on short trips.”
“Overall, Lizann put so much thought into this and it was such a professional presentation! I feel like if we ever crossed paths in real life we would become fast friends. :)”
After enrolling in the Deployment Masterclass, here’s what to expect:
You will click through the PayPal success screen to have immediate access to all the resources: the video trainings, the printable Deployment Guide, and the private Facebook group.
Using these tools will give you the confidence to face deployment, knowing what to expect and real strategies to get through it. You will have peace of mind, knowing that you are not going through this alone, and others have survived similar challenges. You will feel encouraged knowing you are part of a community of military spouses and service members who are ready to support you any time. You will be stronger after learning how to make the most of the deployment–to grow more independent, to find meaningful ways to pass the time, and to have fun making new friends. Finally, the Deployment Masterclass will help you be less stressed about deployment because you will know that no matter what happens, YOU’VE GOT THIS!
THIS WEEKEND ONLY (Sept. 1-4): Everyone who enrolls in the Deployment Masterclass will receive a bonus Deployment Countdown wall display that can be customized for any deployment! PLUS… one lucky winner will receive a free deployment coaching session with ME, the Seasoned Spouse! I will select one new class enrollee to set up a phone call or video chat (your choice) to discuss your deployment challenges and offer additional support.
To be entered in the drawing, enroll now!
When making a PayPal purchase, do not close out the window. Click through to the merchant page, which will take you to the Masterclass page. If purchasing on a phone, bookmark the page so you can return to it on your desktop if you wish to print out the Guidebook.
If you are not prepared to purchase the course yet, you can join our deployment email newsletter for free. This will include monthly emails with deployment support and resources. You can opt out at any time.