So on the days when I’m feeling just a little bit down and thinking that Homecoming cannot come fast enough, I remind myself of this.
20 things I DON’T miss when my spouse is away:
- I don’t miss tripping over his boots by the front door.
- I don’t miss his snoring keeping me awake at night.
- I don’t miss doing an extra load of stinky laundry every week.
- I don’t miss his alarm clock going off at 5 AM.
- I don’t miss frantically searching all over the house because a uniform piece is misplaced, again.
- I don’t miss the phone calls of, “hey, can you do this time-consuming errand for me right now?“
- I don’t miss elbowing him out of the way to brush my teeth over our 1 tiny sink.
- I don’t miss keeping the kids quiet while he sleeps in on a Saturday.
- I don’t miss revolving our entire Sunday plans around getting a haircut.
- I don’t miss listening to him play a video game for hours.
- I don’t miss staying up late just to put his cammies in the dryer.
- I don’t miss having a fresh cooked dinner on the table every evening around 6 PM.
- I don’t miss the phone calls of, “hey, eat without me, it’s gonna be a long night at the office.”
- I don’t miss keeping the kids up late just so he can kiss them goodnight.
- I don’t miss having his games and hobbies spread out all over the house.
- I don’t miss having his sports teams always on the TV.
- I don’t miss finding empty containers put back in the fridge.
- I don’t miss running to the store to buy tobacco products or beer.
- I don’t miss cleaning up after his newest hobby or repair project.
- and… I don’t miss having random articles of clothing all over the floor 2 feet from the laundry basket!
Which one of these is you? Just think about that the next time you are missing your spouse, and you are guaranteed to smile a little. All their bad habits are so much more endearing when they first come back! At least, for a little while, haha. Anything else you don’t miss when your significant other is away?
Want to get more encouragement and humor to help your through a deployment? Subscribe to my newsletter!